Clarkson: Top Gear will go onby Nick Aziz
Last week, Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson had fans of the British TV show up in arms over the suggestion that he might leave the program and producers might increase the focus on celebrity appearances. Now, Clarkson insists the show will go on.
"Last week I said there will not be a new series of Top Gear this summer. And everyone seems to think the programme is finished or that I've left," Clarkson wrote in an article published Sunday.
"Well, sorry to disappoint you all, but it isn't and I haven't. Top Gear, providing one of us doesn't go upside down again, will be back in the autumn."
Just a week earlier, Clarkson said "we don't know when we'll be back," and denied plans for as summer special.